Electronics and Communications Engineering
1. Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits and Systems
• RF-CMOS Front-end (LNA, PA, Mixer, VCO, VGA)
• Ultra-Wideband (UWB) Applications
• Radio frequency transceivers design
• Sensors electronics interfaces
2. Digital System Architecture and Design
• Application specific, reconfigurable, and embedded architectures
• Networks-on-Chip, Network processor and router architectures
• Parallel and multi-core systems
• Interconnection networks, system-level communications and protocols
• Ultra low power and energy efficient architecture design
• High Performance Computing/Processing Systems
• Security Architectures/Secure Design of Embedded Systems
• High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC/H.264)
• Embedded Machine Vision Systems
• Body Area Networks
• Neuromorphic Computing
3. Digital Signal Processing
• Image and Video Processing
• Speech and Audio processing
• Multi-dimension Signal Processing and Stochastic Processes
• Multimedia Systems
• Pattern Recognition
• Computer Vision and Image Analysis
• Adaptive Filtering Design
• Sparse Signal Processing and Applications
• Compressive sensing
• Biomedical Signal Processing
4. Wireless Communication Systems
• 5G Communication System
• Broadband Wireless Systems
• PHY Layer Design
• Coding for Communication Systems
• Cognitive and Software-Defined Radio
• PHY Layer Security
• Wireless-Optical Communications
5. Photonics Communications Systems
• Silicon Photonics
• Space-Division Multiplexing
• Digital Signal Processing for Optical Communication Systems
• Optical Communications Networks
• Optical Code-Division Multiple-Access (OCDMA)
• Optical Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiplexing (OFDM)
6. Microwave Engineering and Remote Sensing
• Wireless Power Transfer Using Antennas and Coupled Resonators
• Antenna Design for Medical Applications
• Smart Antennas and Adaptive Antenna Arrays
• Planar Ultra-Wide Bandwidth (UWB) Antennas and Arrays
• Microwave and 60GHz mm Wave Antennas and Filters
• Novel Electromagnetic Materials (Metamaterial / Electromagnetic Bandgap Materials) for Antenna and Microwave Circuits Applications
• Radar Design
• Reconfigurable Antennas and Arrays
• Remote Sensing and Satellite Observation
• Energy harvesting for Implantable and wearable devices
Computer Science and Engineering
1. Parallel Computing
• High Performance Computing
• Heterogeneous Systems/Accelerators
• Green Technologies
• Parallelizing Compilers
• HPC on the Cloud
• High Performance Embedded Systems
• Big Data Processing
2. Mobile Wireless Networking and Computing
• Indoor Localization
• Calibration-free localization
• GPS replacement technologies
• Device-free localization
• Device-free activity recognition
• Automatic construction of indoor floor plans
• Cognitive radio networks
• Software-defined networks
3. Cyber-Physical Systems
• Machine Learning
• Computer-Aided Drug Design
• Road Traffic Control, Modeling, and Simulation
• Computational Robotics
• Human Activity Recognition
• Rigorous Simulation of Dynamical Systems
• Computable Analysis
4. Intelligent Systems
• Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining
• AI and Multi-Agent Systems
• Natural Language Understanding
• Computational Intelligence
5. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition
• Object Detection and Recognition
• Object Tracking
• Human Activity Recognition
• Text Recognition
• Feature Detection/Description/Matching
• Video Surveillance
• Large-Scale Visual Recognition
• Image Segmentation
• 3D Computer Vision
6. Theory and Analysis of Algorithms
• Analysis of Algorithms
• Data Structures
• Computational Geometry
• Graph Algorithms
• Amortized Complexity
• Algorithms for Computer Graphics and Visualization
7. Stochastic Modeling
• Performance Evaluation and Optimization
• Algorithmic Probability
• Single-Node Queueing Models
• Queueing Networks
• Matrix Analytic Method
• Markov Decision Process
Mechatronics and Robotics Engineering
• Surgical Robots
• Rehabilitation Robots and Assistive Devices
• Human-Robot Interaction
• Prosthetic Devices
• Smart Medical Devices
• Bio-Inspired Robots
Magnetic Suspension and Bearing Systems
• Control of Magnetic Bearing Systems
• Applications of Magnetic Bearing in Medical Field
• Magnetically Levitated Wind Turbine
• Robots with magnetic bearing joints
• Vibration Isolation Systems Using Magnetic suspension
• Self-Bearing (Bearingless) Motors
Intelligent Mechatronics Systems
• Flying/Walking Robot.
• Tele-Operation Systems.
• Aerial manipulation systems
• Multi-Locomotion Robots
• Legged Robots
• Wearable Vehicle
• Brain-Based Devices
• Micro/Nano Manipulator
• Parallel Manipulators
• Swarm Robots
• Intelligent control of Smart Actuators
• Smart Sensor/ Actuators
• Nonlinear Vibration System.
• Smart Structures
Field and Service Robots
• Mobile robot exploration, navigation and control
• Rescue Robots
• Inspection Robot
• Climbing Robots.
• Robot Motion Control in Unstructured Area
• Landmines Detection Robots
• Indoor Service Robot.
• Insect-killing Robot
• Solar Powered Rover
• Autonomous Underwater Vehicles, AUV
• Agriculture Robots
• Mining Robots
• Forestry Robots
• Construction Robots
Micro/Nano Electro-Mechanical Systems
• Tactile Sensing Systems
• Micro Smart Sensor/ Actuators
• Micro Energy Harvesting Devices
• Micro Flying Robot
• Microfluidics Systems
Industrial Engineering and Systems Management
• Integrated Berth Allocation and Quay Crane Assignment in Container Terminals.
• Discrete Event Simulation of Container Terminals.
• Container Vessel Storage Planning.
• Green Vehicle Routing Problem.
• Operations Research Application in Healthcare Planning and Management.
• Smart Grid Management and Optimization Models
• Internet of Things (IoT) Applications in Transportation and Logistics
• Internet of Things (IoT) Applications in Manufacturing or Service Planning and Management
• Modeling and Simulation of Metal Cutting Processes.
• Correlating Additive Manufacturing and Product Characteristics.
• Machine Tool/Process Interaction.
• Ultrasonic Assisted Machining of Hard-to-cut Materials.
Materials Science and Engineering
1. Nano-materials for energy, sensing, environmental and electronic applications
• Perovskite, CTS, Organic and Quantum Dot Photovoltaic Solar Cells: Fundamental Investigation & Device Engineering.
• Nanomaterials for Gas Sensing Applications; Fundamental Investigation& Device Engineering.
• Carbon Nanostructured Materials (Graphene, Carbon Nanofibers and CNTs): Synthesis, Charactrization and Device Engineering in Supercacitors/Batteries/Fuel Cells applications.
• Nano-Piezo Electronic Materials: Approaches to Energy Scavenging.
• Strain Gauge Sensors: Materials and Fabrications.
• Thin Film and Bulk Nanostructured Thermoelectric Materials.
• Plasmonic Nanostructuted Materials as Photo-thermal Membranes.
• CNTs and Graphene-Based Materials for printed and Flexible Electronic Application.
• Photocatalysis and Environmental Catalysis for Hydrogen Generation and Fisher Tropcsh Synthesis.
• Modeling and Simulation of Nanostructured Materials for Science and Energy Systems.
• Corrosion and Super-hydrophobic Coatings with Self-heating Properties.
• Chitosan, Chitosan-Nanoparticles and Nanofibers Preparation and Characterization For Tissue Engineering And Drug Systems
2. Mechanics of materials: Modeling, Simulation and characterization(properties, stress, strain and displacement)
• Mechanics of Friction stir welding of similar and dissimilar materials
• Mechanical electrical properties of biological materials and heart tissues
• Mechanics of microforming and micro-laser drilling
• Mechanical and electrical properties of Hydroxyapatite
• Modeling and simulation of nano-pieso electric materials
• Multi-physics and multi-scale analysis techniques.
• Evolution of boundary elements in fracture mechanics
• Material models on macro and micro levels
• Dynamic mechanical properties of composites and nano-composites
• Laser processing of steels and carbon fibers.
• Hot Deformation of Metal Matrix Composites
• Formability of Ultrafine-Grained Structures
• Mechanical Processing of New TWIP Stainless Steels
• Evaluation of The Fatigue Performance of New High Strength Materials For Structural Engineering Applications
3. <AFMM>Advanced Functional Metallic Materials (Design, Processing and Characterization)
• Ultra-high strength, super-alloys and high entropy alloys
• Dental, bio-implants, and bio-degradable metallic materials
• Bulk-nanostructure materials and severe plastic deformation
• Improved castability and cold workability of metals and alloys
• Shape memory and superelastic alloys for sensing, biomedical, and structural application
• Metal and metal-oxides nano-tubes and nano-rods (production, characterization and applications
• Structural High Temperature Alloys for Power Plants Applications (Design, Production and Characterization)
• Bulk-Nanostructured Thermo-Electric Alloys
• Metals and Alloys for Radiation Sensing And Shielding
• High Temperature Superconductors
4- Composites and polymeric materials (Not opened this semester)
• Improving UV resistance of Ploymering Materials
• 3D Fibrous Composites Materials
• Sustainable or Green Composites for Industrials Applications.
• Nanofiber formation technologies (electrospinning, solution blown, centrifugal spinning) and its applications (medical, energy, filtration…etc)
• Developing, improving and characterization for novel textile materials
Energy Resources Engineering
1- Renewable Energy systems
• Design of Solar Energy Systems
• Thermal Regulation of PV Systems Using Nanotechnology
• Renewable energy driven systems
• Smart Energy Grids
• Thermoelectric System
• Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
• Power Plants and Thermal Compart
• Multi-Phase Flows
• Flow in Porous Media
• Heat and Mass Transfer with Applications to Energy Systems
• Computational Fluid Dynamics and Heat Transfer
• Heat Pipe
• Desalination Systems
• Micro-and Nano Scale Flows
• Multiscale Computations (Continuum-Meso), Molecular Dynamic Simulation
3- Alternative energy systems
• Fuel Cell Technology
• Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells
• Direct Methanol Fuel Cells
• Solid Oxide Fuel Cells
• Solar Hydrogen Production
• Photoelectrochemical Cells
• Photovoltaic/Photoelectrochemical Cells
4- Energy Storage Systems
• Thermal Energy Storage
• Mechanical Energy Storage
• Electrochemical Energy Storage
• Hydrogen Storage
• Energy Storage Systems for Grid Support
5- Energy Conservation and Management
• Electric Vehicle and Fuel Cell Vehicle Energy Management Systems
• Intelligent Energy Management Strategies for PV-Wind–Fuel Cell- Energy Storage Hybrid Systems.
• Energy Audits, Energy Efficiency and Energy Managements
6- Fuel and Combustion Engines
• Spray and Liquid Atomization
• Alternative Fuels and Combustion Performance
• Internal Combustion Engines
1- Natural Resources Managements
• Nonconventional Water Resources (desalination, water reuse and their applications including)
- Integrated Thermal and membrane desalination
- Renewable Energy Driven Desalination
- Nuclear Power Plants - Desalination
- Water-Energy-Food Nexus
- Agriculture Greenhouse - Desalination systems
- Tri - hybrid generation of water, electricity and cooling system
- Other desalination related R&D Applications
• Groundwater Resources
- Salt water Intrusion
- Interaction between Surface water and groundwater
- Groundwater modeling considering limitation of data
- Multi model approach in groundwater analysis
2- Environmental Assessment and Management
• Sustainability and sustainable development
• Environmental impact assessment
• Environmental management for sustaining a green environment
• Cleaner production for green industry
• Green healthcare units
3- Waste Management
• Wastewater Treatment Technologies
• Industrial Waste Treatment and Management
• Biofuels, chemicals and bio-fertilizers production from solid wastes
• Hydrogen and Methane Generation from Waste Materials
• Waste Recycling and Management
• Applications of Nanotechnologies for Water and Wastewater Treatment
• Sludge Treatment
• Advanced Oxidation Processes
• Application of water chemistry and microbiology for treatment of organic and inorganic pollutant
• Water Quality and Health Risk Assessment
2- Air Quality
• Air Pollution Assessment and Control
• Climate Change and Sustainability (Greenhouse effect)
• Indoor air quality improvement techniques
• Assessment of emissions from industries and minimization techniques
Chemicals and Petrochemicals Engineering
1. Desalination using solar Energy
• Design of new solar collectors using nanofluids and its applications in water desalination
• Desalination Using Capacitive Deionization Techniques.
2. Design of wastewater treatment units and its applications
• Advanced Oxidation Techniques such as Plasma for Water Purification.
• Photocatalysis and its applications in water treatment
• Using New materials as ion exchange for water treatment
• Preparation of New electrodes and it applications for wastewater treatment by electrooxidation techniques.
3. Preparation of Nano-materials and its applications
• Ion exchange
• Fuel cells
4. Corrosion Protection
• Preparation of New Smart Materials and its applications for corrosion control
5. Catalysis and its applications.
• Photocataysis and its applications in wastewater treatment, Production of new chemical and petrochemical materials.
• Electrocatalysis and its Applications in Supercapacitors, Batteries, Sensors and Biosensors.
• Enzyme-catalysis and its applications in wastewater treatment, production of foodstuffs and pharmaceutical materials.
6. Membrane fabrication and modifications and its applications in
• Desalination and Ultrafiltration processes.
• Fuel cells and Hydrogen production
• Separation processes.
7. Design of Micro-reactor and its applications such as:
• Preparation of fine chemicals, food stuffs and pharmaceutical drugs, etc..
8. Development of new polymeric materials:
• Composites, insulators, fibrous materials and conducting polymers, etc.
9. Biodiesel production from agricultural and oil wastes.
1. Chemistry (Nanoscience)
• Synthesis and characterization of functional nanomaterials for application in sensors, health, environmental remediation, catalysis, energy, biomedical, etc.
2. Biology (Biotechnology)
• Molecular bases of plant stresses ( including biotic and abiotic)
• Plant and microbial biotechnology
• Molecular Bioremediation (cleaning polluted air, water and soil)
3. Mathematics (Applied and Computational Mathematics)
• Computational methods for ordinary, fractional and partial differential equations
• Numerical solution of singularly perturbed boundary value problems
• Exponential fitting methods for differential equations
• Applications of numerical methods to science and engineering
4. Physics (Energy Materials)
• Physics of solar cells devices
• Physics of semiconductors for energy applications
• Quantum structures for optoelectronics
• Physics of nanoelectronics and spintronics materials