Mechatronics and Robotics Engineering Department
The department of Mechatronics and robotics engineering is the synergistic integration of precision machinery, electronics and information technology to design innovative components and systems to create functional and smart products. The research priorities of the graduate program are in the areas of bio-Mechatronics, autonomous robots, intelligent robots, intelligent control systems, smart sensors/actuators, and Micro/Nano-Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS/NEMS) for industrial, automotive, and bio-medical applications.
The vision of department of Mechatronics and Robotics department is to stand among the best Mechatronics departments in the region through establishing the state of the art research and education environment for excellent research impact, outstanding graduates and quality of community service.
The mission of department of Mechatronics and Robotics is to conduct leading edge research and to prepare excellent graduates from all countries with equal chances, who can exploit the state of the art technologies, develop intelligent machines, and actively participate in industrial research and development centers, through introducing high quality research oriented education.
To take active role in addressing and providing solutions for current and potential future needs of regional and international industries.
To develop critical thinking skills for the design and evaluation of Mechatronics products and systems.
To develop advanced experimental skills practicing in modern laboratories applying the Problem Based Learning methodology.
To develop communication skills of preparing professional proposals, reports, articles and presentations in national and international scientific events and communities.
To develop integrated team work skills for interacting with other members from different specializations.
To establish strong and effective co-operation with national and international research institutes, universities and industries relevant to Mechatronics.
To implement the recognition of the Mechatronics degrees by international accrediting bodies or dual degree with Japanese partner universities.
- Bio-Mechatronic Systems
- Development of Surgical Robots
- Medical Robots
- Rehabilitation Robots and Assistive Devices
- Prosthetic Devices
- User Friendly Smart Medical Devices for Intensive Care Units
- SGround Emergency Response Vehicles
- Smart Artificial Hand with Feeling
- Magnetic suspension and bearing Systems
- Magnetic suspension control
- Magnetic bearing Systems
- Micro magnetic bearing
- Applications of Magnetic bearing in artificial hearts
- Robots with magnetic bearing joints
- Vibration Isolation Systems Using Magnetic suspension
- Magnetically Suspended Flywheel Energy Storage Device
- Magnetically Suspended Linear Induction Motor.
- Intelligent Mechatronics Systems
- Flying / walking robot design and control.
- Development and Control of Tele-operation systems.
- Aerial manipulation systems
- Control of complex dynamic systems.
- Humanoid Robots
- Legged Robots
- Wearable Vehicle
- Brain-Based Devices
- Micro/Nano Manipulator
- Parallel Manipulators with their Applications to Machine Tools
- Versatile inspection Robot
- Coordination control for swarm of quadrotors
- Field Robots
- Mobile robot exploration, navigation and control
- Robot Motion Control in Deserted Areas for Landmines Detection
- Motion Control of Mobile Robot in Unstructured Area
- Multiple autonomous mobile robots
- Wall-Painting Robot.
- Insect-killing Robot
- Autonomous Underwater Vehicles, AUV
- Solar Powered Rover for Sun-Synchronous Navigation in tough Roads
- Ballpot-like Robots
- Micro / Nano Systems
- Tactile Sensing Systems
- Smart Sensor/ Actuators
- Energy Harvesting Devices
- Micro Flying Robot.
- Micro/Nano Manipulator
- Microfluidics Systems